
I LOVE this album. This is by far the best album for the Carnival, and is good to listen to throughout the whole year. Maximus is truly a genius. Love Generation gets 5 stars on my iTunes.
I’m really happy I invested my money in this album. It was very smartly done. First of all it’s a double album. He put all his alternative music tracks on the first CD and all the actual Soca & Raga Soca on the other CD. I personally like disk one more. This could be because I have been over saturated with all the soca tracks before Ash Wednesday. It could also be because I’m a real alternative kinda guy. I like stuff that is different you know.
Maximus has very impressive, positive lyrics. He was featured in the catholic news and sh*t but yet he manages to keep the gayness factor down to a minimum. I think it’s good to have the positive word of God in all our parties, without having people hugging and telling their brethren they love them.
My favorite song is Jah Jah Team. The song is about the similarities between; following the Lord’s way and FOOTBALL. Yep, football. This man loves football! As a matter of fact, I think that half of the songs have some reference to football in some way.
Anyway, the lyrics go:
Only the best can represent
Otherwise get back on the bench
Are you ready for the Tournament?
Hardcore demons we up against
No time to be over confident
Even the wicked have real talent
Trust in the Captain experience
Follow the tactics and rudiments
Sign on the line of His excellence
Don’t get tricked by the opponent
When them bring offence
We will bring defense
I think this is a real creative theme with very strong lyrics. His concepts on spreading love and righteousness are easy to swallow. He’s not like Enrique Iglesias, or Luther Vandross or Michael Bolton singing about love or any thing, Where else you will find a man singing so powerfully about love with a good bit of bass in his voice, and can appeal to the average macho man. It’s something big men can enjoy and be positive about. Not vulnerable and sometimes effeminate.
Well that’s my serious entry for the week. Go get that album. Like I said, 5 stars imy iTunes.

No comments:
Post a Comment